Pelican Point Lodge is situated on a unique stretch of land, the remote peninsula of Pelican Point at Walvis Bay, a committed venue to creating memories for all our guests that will last a lifetime.
With the untouched beaches of the Atlantic Ocean on the one side and the Lagoon of Walvis Bay on the other, our aim is to provide you with an unique experience that demands nothing much of you, but to arrive, relax, reflect and unwind in one of the most enchanting and unique settings in our beautiful country.
From your own private deck, expect to enjoy the antics of hundreds of seals surfing the ocean waves, or just their basking in the sun, spot the dolphin’s, whales and mola-mola, hearing the distinctive call of the jackal roaming close by the lodge, observing their playful nature. Witness spectacular flocks of damara-terns, cormorants and flamingo’s flying or feeding in the more tranquil waters of the lagoon. Follow fishing vessels, passenger ships, oil-rigs, catamaran`s, and boat operators to and from the Walvis Bay harbor which all presents perfect photo opportunities on misty or bright sunny days.
For closer encounters, a relaxing stroll to the point of the Peninsula will present you with perfect photographic opportunities of intriguing small desert dwellers, treasures exposed by the wind and tides of the ocean, closer observation of the playful seals, flocks of chanting seagulls and curious jackals sniffing around. A familiar favorite is a walk to the old rusted Jetty, about 800 metres from the Lodge, with a book, camera, picnic basket, interacting and observing the playful seals and birdlife from close.
On a clear sunny day the dunes of the Namib Desert, the ships, vessels and boats on the Lagoon will give you a perfect backdrop to create special memories of this unique place and strengthen your appreciation for the natural world around us.
Waking up to the sound of the ocean and spotting the seals which are playing in the crushing waves, while enjoying a fresh cup of coffee,… luxury doesn’t get any better than this.
Accommodation is offered in the renovated old Harbor Control building, at the foot of the Lighthouse, known as Pelican Point Lodge and offers our guests a choice of 10 luxury suites.
• Seating /Lounging Area
• Deck area to enjoy amazing views of the lagoon with blankets
• Private safe
• Bio – Eco Fireplace
• Queen Size Bed
• 2 Showers and 2 basins in most of our suites
• A bath & Shower in the Captain`s Cove Suite
• Hair dryer
Other services and facilities available are:
• Laundry service (not included)
• Wireless internet hotspot in the restaurant area
• Lavish breakfast served in the Dining room, deck or in your room
• 3-Course Lunch available on request
• 3-Course Dinner served daily in then Dining room or deck depending on the weather.
• A lounge where you can read, relax and having a drink before sitting down to dine.
• A deck area for watching the sunset, sunrise, jackals, seals and stunning scenery
• Complimentary Coffee/tea/soft drinks and water
* guided walks with the seals, jackals, flamingoes, pelicans, cormorants, terns and many more.
* sundowners at the tip of the Peninsula,
* guided Peninsula drives, featuring the Ramsar site, the Skeleton Bay surfers hotspot, the shipwreck, the Jetty, the absolute Point and the wildlife,
* strolling on the beach on your own pace is strongly recommended and is part of the Pelican Point Lodge Experience.
* Shipwreck at walking distance
Infants up to 6 years old are free of charge.
Children up to 12 years old are 50% discounted when sharing with both parents in one of our Family Suites.